In 2018, World Trade Center Savannah saw a whirlwind of activity, connections and real results. We launched TradeBridge, a joint pilot program designed to drive international trade and investment between the Coastal Georgia region and Wexford County, Ireland and we hosted an unprecedented 21 inbound business-focused delegations with 148 delegates from 26 countries that resulted in 90 business matchmaking meetings regionally. We saw nearly 400 participants at our 12 Global Education Programs and networking events and managed 41 trade service projects for partners, prospects and other World Trade Centers. Suffice it to say 2018 was an awesome year.
WTCSav considers the following some of our greatest achievements of 2018:
- Provided services and value to support economic development authority partners in 16 counties as well as the City of Savannah as our Founding Partner.
- Launched TradeBridge, a joint pilot program designed to drive international trade and investment between the Savannah region and Wexford County, Ireland.
- Hosted an inbound delegation of businesses and economic development partners from Wexford County, Ireland that resulted in partnerships.
- Led a delegation of three regional businesses to Ireland, a WTCSav target country, for a business development and trade mission that resulted in multiple sales leads and transactions for those companies.
- Managed 41 trade service projects for partners, prospects and other World Trade Centers to advance business interests and promote growth in the Savannah region.
- Partnered with Georgia Power to host the Savannah Gateway Regional Showcase, a business and economic development event, that included regional partners and 6 delegates representing various German business interests.
- Hosted 21 inbound business-focused delegations with 148 delegates from 26 countries that resulted in 90 business matchmaking meetings regionally.
- Hosted Scott Ferguson, CEO of WTCA, who presented to the Board of Directors, met with regional business partners and toured some of the area’s leading economic assets.
- Offered 12 Global Business Education Programs & Networking Events with 390 participants.
- Supported the Savannah International Luncheon through participation with the Greater Savannah International Alliance (GSIA).