Join World Trade Center Savannah (WTCSav) for an outbound business trade mission to Ghana from April 23-27 as part of the 2023 World Trade Centers Association General Assembly.
This business trade mission is to help companies in Southeast Georgia create valuable global connections in Ghana, develop tangible business outcomes in the African market and foster trade and foreign direct investment opportunities between Southeast Georgia and Sub-Saharan Africa. This mission will also connect delegates with the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA) global network of more than 300 World Trade Centers from nearly 100 countries.
The WTCA General Assembly is the association’s annual flagship event and an opportunity for companies in Southeast Georgia to access global connections, customized B2B and B2G meetings, keynote addresses, industry tours and receptions, all in one week. The 2023 WTCA General Assembly will advance efforts for African economic integration and an enhanced global presence, creating business opportunities across the entire continent of Africa.
SUNDAY, APRIL 23
- 4 p.m. Bus tour of Accra and Tema (including the Port of Tema)
- 8 p.m. Welcome reception at La Palm Royal Beach Hotel
MONDAY, APRIL 24
- Opening ceremony, welcome remarks, cultural performance, keynote address and opening of exhibitions, led by the president of Ghana and other dignitaries
- Keynote addresses and panel discussions with the World Bank and African Development Bank
- Networking receptions: Attendees may choose from one of three receptions featuring themes
- Climate Change Mitigation & Sustainable Development
- Power & Mining
- Real Estate & Public Infrastructure
TUESDAY, APRIL 25
- Business-to-business meetings and company visits
- Gala dinner
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26
Field trips and company visits: Tema oil refinery, Asogli Power Plant Ekumfi (pineapple plantation and processing factory), and Dawhenya greenhouse and irrigation project
THURSDAY, APRIL 27
- Excursions: Attendees may choose from one of three options (additional fees apply)
- Accra City, Aburi Mountains, Safari Valley Tour
- Accra, Cape Coast, Elmina Tour
- Accra, Eastern & Volta Region Tour
- Formal WTCA 2023 General Assembly schedule concludes
TARGET SECTOR OPPORTUNITES
Through our partnership with the WTCA General Assembly host, World Trade Center Accra, we can assist Southeast Georgia companies with identifying business-to-business meeting opportunities in preparation for the trade mission, focusing on the following industry sectors.
- Primary Sectors: Agriculture & Fishing, Mining, Power & Energy, Water
- Secondary Sectors: Food Processing, Manufacturing, Building & Construction
- Tertiary Sectors: Banking & Finances, Retailing, Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
WTCSav administrative fee for partners: $250; non-partners: $500.
Mission fees will support WTCSav coordinating delegate agendas, a country and protocol briefing book, and business matchmaking assistance. Delegates are responsible for making flight arrangements and lodging accommodations, but we are happy to provide logistical guidance.
Early Bird Rate – Deadline: December 31, 2022
B2B Delegates with WTCSav $900
Accompanying Persons $450
B2B Delegates with WTCSav $1,100
Accompanying Persons $700
TOOLS & RESOURCES
WTCSav provides tools and resources for trade mission delegates, including target market research, country, and protocol briefing, professional referrals, business matchmaking, and global trade education.
- Complete the Outbound Trade Mission Intake Form (coming soon)
- Schedule a meeting with Antwone Smoak, Programs & Community Development Coordinator
- Register by December 31, 2022
Note: Upon completing the outbound trade mission intake form, meeting with WTCSav, and registration, we will share the required travel entry information (documentation and vaccination).